Monday, March 8, 2010

Poste Italiane- The Worst Experience Here Thus Far

I currently have a very long Paris and Belgium post in the works, but since this just happened today- I had to write about it.

The employees at the post office here are unnecessarily rude. I went in to mail something to the States in an envelope that said that no postage was needed. So when I went to give it to the lady, she started talking to me really quickly, and I couldn't understand her. So then, she proceeds to insult me and starts off with- you live in Italy, but you don't speak Italian, you're so ignorant blahblahblah. She also made me pay for a stamp because she couldn't understand what I was saying, and when I tried to tell her-- she just dismissed me. I was SO livid. I seriously wanted to tell her off. I ended up calling the post office to complain to the director, but he didn't speak English either and wasn't understanding my Italian. So finally, I sent a formal letter of complaint through the Web site using Google Translate, and hopefully everything is communicated correctly because that type of customer service is just unacceptable. I will not be bringing anymore business to the Italian post office. The next thing I mail will be in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment